State

Budweiser will offer 10,000 free Lyft rides every weekend through the end of the year

Ari Dinero | Contributing Illustrator

Anheuser-Busch, the maker of Budweiser, announced the partnership on Wednesday. Budweiser will release the first free Lyft ride code Thursday at 2 p.m.

One of the country’s largest beer companies is partnering with popular ride-hailing service Lyft to offer 10,000 free round-trip rides every weekend and on select holidays through the end of the year.

New York residents will qualify for free rides.

Anheuser-Busch, the maker of Budweiser, announced the partnership on Wednesday as part of the company’s “Give A Damn” anti-drunken driving campaign.

Every Thursday through Dec. 31, Budweiser will release a ride code on its Facebook and Instagram accounts. Lyft users that are at least 21 years old can claim two $10 one-way ride credits to use Thursdays through Saturdays between 5 p.m. and 5 a.m.

Budweiser will release the first ride code on Thursday at 2 p.m.

Lyft users will be able to use the credits in Washington, D.C., New York and eight other states.

Accounting for the weekends and holidays, Budweiser will offer a total of 150,000 free round-trip Lyft rides by the end of the year, according to a company press release.

Ride-hailing services such as Lyft and Uber — previously not authorized in upstate New York — began operating in the region in June.