Wide receiver Ed Hendrix reportedly no longer SU student

Max Freund | Staff Photographer

Hendrix was a top-five prospect in the District of Columbia in the Class of 2018.

Subscribe to our sports newsletter here

Syracuse wide receiver Ed Hendrix is not taking classes at SU for this spring semester, a Syracuse Athletics spokesperson confirmed to Stephen Bailey of 247 Sports. Bailey said that Hendrix isn’t currently in the transfer portal. Hendrix is not listed in the student directory, either. 

Hendrix was a top-five prospect in the District of Columbia in the Class of 2018. He redshirted the 2018 season after injuring his knee in preseason camp, and he missed the entirety of the following season while recovering from another knee injury in spring practice. Hendrix appeared in five games in his redshirt sophomore season in 2020, mostly as a reserve, but started against No. 1 Clemson on Oct. 24, recording three catches for 24 yards. 

The 6-foot-3, 220-pound outside receiver was a three-star recruit out of high school and received offers from North Carolina, Maryland, Michigan State and Arkansas, among other schools. 

Syracuse football began spring training on March 30. During his spring football media session, head coach Dino Babers emphasized SU’s quarterback competition between Mississippi State transfer Garrett Shrader and Tommy DeVito, as well as running backs Jarveon Howard’s and Abdul Adams’ return after opting out of the 2020 season.